Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Leah's Picks for Best Movie Scenes


How does one whittle down there favorite scenes to just five? Here is my best attempt to do so. These are not iconic scenes, that would be a different list. Just five scenes I personally love, not really in any particular order

5. Bar/bedroom scene between George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez in "Out of Sight". I love the editing of this scene and the voice over. Made what would be a very trite bar meeting and hook up intriguing to watch.









4. "Royal Tenenbaums". I don't really know how to begin to pick a favorite scene from this. I love the use of this song and the tracking in the scene, and his attention to detail is always amazing. No one does the long tracking shots like Wes. Just watch the last scenes in any of his movies if you don't believe me!




3.The energy and excitement of everyone in this scene makes it one of my favorites."That Thing You Do", the first time the song is played on the radio. It makes you want to scream and dance around as well.



2. "Broken English" may be the one and only movie I have involuntarily stood up and clapped for in a movie 
theater. The movie holds an element of everyday magic to me, and it is best exemplified when the main character has a chance encounter with an older gentlemen at a hotel bar in Paris. I could not find the scene, but here is the trailer. If you haven't seen this film you most certainly should.



1. "Almost Famous", I find this scene absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful. "What kind of beer?", brilliant..

0 comments:

Post a Comment