Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Top 5 movies you didn't see last year

So here is my list of the best movies that no one, or mostly no one bothered to see last year.  I will come off as a bit of an Anglophile in it cause it is a bit British heavy, but what can I say, I think they just make better films.  Also, it should be noted that Pirate Radio is not on the list simply because I think we have sung its praises enough on this blog.

5. Fantastic Mr. Fox

 Wes Anderson managed to make an animated movie that was still so true to his style and voice.  I was incredibly impressed by it.  Probably the more popular of the movies listed, but I still think that there are far too many people who have not gotten to enjoy it!



4. The Damned United
 Is there anyone as good as Michael Sheen?  This movie only had a limited release in the states, but is well acted and extremely enjoyable. Especially if you are a soccer fan... although who is a soccer fan in the states?
">

3. Men Who Stare at Goats
  I think maybe the quirkiness hurt this movie.  No one seems to want to watch George Clooney be anything other than dashing and charming, which is a shame cause this film was golden in my book.
">

2. An Education
 Loved this flick, and still I don't know a soul who saw it even though it was nominated for several Oscars.  I will say the ending is a little bit of a cop out in my humble opinion, but nothing unforgivable.  I wouldn't mind taking a crack at redoing the last 5 minutes of it.
">

1. Harry Brown
 By far the most intense film I've seen in the last several years.  I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Safe to say almost nobody in the states has seen it as it wasn't picked up by a distributor here.  Shame indeed, cause Michael Caine is at his best.

1 comments:

Russel Harder said...

Yeah, Michael Caine looks baaaad aaaaass.

Post a Comment