Sunday, April 25, 2010

REVIEW: THE LOSERS


The Losers, which was released this weekend, though based on the graphic novel of the same name is basically a rehash of the A Team.  CIA black ops agents get double crossed by flamboyant bad guy and they go renegade to clear their names.   Not by any means a ground breaking concept and not by any means executed in a ground breaking manner, but I did enjoy it.  It was fun and mindless, and I thought the cast turned in some very likable performances.
  I feel I can't really judge this movie too harshly, because lets be honest we don't go to movies like this to be impressed.  I will say that had I hated the cast, this movie would have been unbearable. Aside from an unnecessarily camp performance by Jason Patric as the bad guy, and an incredibly forced love story between Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Zoe Saldana, the rest of the character interactions are easy going and mostly playful.  I was begrudgingly impressed with Chris Evans who did pull off the comic relief for the film, so who knew he could do more than just be hot?! I think that Idris Elba turns in a note worthy performance for most of the movie... until the very end when his story just kind of fell apart.
So, yes, this movie has its plot holes, and clichéd characters, but is it fun to watch? Yes.  As long as you leave reason and sense at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment