Saturday, June 26, 2010

Canceled too Soon!


It has happened to all of us.  That tragic, tragic day when your favorite show gets canceled, it is never an easy loss, but sometimes it is far before its time and never really given a chance at all which makes it that much harder to say good bye.  So here are my Top 5 shows given the boot far too soon.  It was a hard one to narrow down, as pretty much any show I like is guaranteed to be canceled.

5. Arrested Development-

This show only had one problem.  It was ahead of its time.

4. Samantha Who?



I loved this show.  I am still baffled by how shows like "Desperate Housewives" and "Two and 1/2 Men" stay on, and this very funny and endearing comedy gets canceled.



3. Pushing Daisies


Probably the most unique show I have seen.  It was part fairy tale, part film noir, and all awesome.  I can't quite wrap my head around why it wasn't given more of a chance to find an audience.  It is a little comforting to know a movie version may happen. Also I would like to give a shout out to Wonderfalls by Bryan Fuller, loved it.

2. Sports Night/ Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip








 Aaron Sorkin caught a break with The West Wing (very happy that wasn't canceled) but the cancelation of these two smart and witty shows is just further proof that television is for stupid people.  Long live Grey's Anatomy and all 200 of the CSI's, Right? Ugh....

1. Jericho



Absolutely devastating!  I am guilty of not having seen this when it was on, but after watching the series it is so addicting and I cannot believe I may never get the answers I want! Silver lining, Jericho has an extremely dedicated fan following which saved the show after it was canceled the first time. So there is a solid chance of a movie, and there is also a graphic novel that picks up where the series was canceled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment